Posts Tagged ‘red velvet cupcakes’
1. SusieCakes Bakery is celebrating its fifth birthday with a retro beach party from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday. the party includes a D.J. spinning classic beach tunes, games and prizes, balloon art and temporary tattoos. They also are giving away a box of six mini red velvet cupcakes (with purchase) for the first 50 customers, and 5 percent of all proceeds will go to a nearby charity. Call (949) 646-6881 for more information. SusieCakes is located at 2043 Westcliff Drive.
2. the South Coast Plumeria Society will be at Roger’s Gardens from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday to present “Plumerias: the Hawaiian Lei Flower.” the Society will discuss the history of plumerias, which grow well in Orange County, along with various care, culture and propagation techniques. Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road.
3. the third Annual GIVE Event will take place from 1 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the Irvine Spectrum Center in the Giant Wheel Court. the event, hosted by Active Ride Shop, is open to the public and benefits Costa Mesa-based Krochet Kids International and its Change for Change Campaign, as well as TOMS Shoes and its One for One initiative, according to event organizers. the event will include a “tie-dye your tee or tank” tent and a “Style Your Sole” area where local artists will customize TOMS shoes. There also will be a D.J. and a Kids Artist Village where children can create their own arts and crafts. Levanter will perform at 4 p.m., Los Coyotes at 5 p.m., the Allah-Las at 6 p.m., Kiven at 7 p.m., and the Pawnshop Kings at 8 p.m. for more information, call the Active Ride Shop at (949) 296-3094.
4. Crystal Cove State Park and the Crystal Cove Alliance are hosting an Open House in the Park & Marine Research Facility in the Historic District from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, where visitors can learn about science and the research being conducted in the park. Attendees should park in the Los Trancos lot and meet at Cottage #22. the park also will offer a guided walk through the 12-acre Historic District at noon Saturday. Park in the Los Trancos lot and meet at cottage #34 on top of the hill. the events are free, but there is a $15 day-use parking fee.
5. Rothschild’s Restaurant will host a Niles Nordquist Art Exhibit & Sale from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday.Nordquist, an award-winning plein air artist, is a member of Oil Painters of America, the California Art Club, Rocky Mountain Plein Air Painters and Laguna Plein Air Painters. Refreshments will be served, and guests will be able to talk to Nordquist and see his newest work. Rothschild’s Restaurant is located at 2407 East Coast Highway; call (949) 673-3750 for more information.